Ahead of your online consultation we encourage you to read through this checklist to ensure that your appointment is of the highest quality possible.
Before the appointment
- Check your technology
- Do you have good Internet access?
- Is your device charged?
- Prepare your environment
- Is there a quiet, private space for you to use? Your privacy is important
- Minimise disruptions (phone on silent, notifications off)
- Check you have good lighting and your face can be seen easily; try sitting in front of a window
- Think about the camera angle; we want to see your whole face. Do you need something to prop up your device? Ideally the camera would be at your eye level or slightly higher
- Think about what is behind you – is there anything you do not want your Psychologist to see (e.g. washing hanging in the background)
- Prepare for your appointment
- Get a drink, Go to the toilet
- Set an Agenda – what do you want to cover today?
A few other tips
- Avoid the temptation to answer the door or do other tasks during your time with us
- Imagine you are actually sitting in the room with your Psychologist
If the connection freezes
- First turn off the video, that may reduce the bandwidth and you can talk to us as if by phone (see bottom left of the Zoom screen to do this)
- If that fails and the screen is fully frozen, your Psychologist will phone you directly
- If 5 minutes pass and you have not heard from your Psychologist call us on 6381 0071